I read a really great piece recently from a website called “electrek.” Fred Lambert wrote a story that included details about a Florida man named Gonzalo Salazar, whose electric Jaguar spontaneously erupted into an inferno one sunny day in 2020 after he had run some errands.
electrek is a site that monitors everything good and bad that’s going on in the world of electric cars. They remind me of almost a “Consumer Reports” meets “Top Gear.” In the article, Fred shared highlights of some safety issues that are going on with Jagúar.
Here’s what he said:
Another Jaguar I-Pace battery caught on fire without any crash after simply sitting charging in a garage. This is the fourth known I-Pace battery fire that seemingly started on its own, which is starting to be significant considering the relatively small number of units on the roads.
Jaguar also uses LG battery cells like the Bolt EV and Kona EV, which were both recalled for battery fire risks. Is this another Bolt EV battery fire situation?
The I-Pace is Jaguar’s first and only all-electric vehicle.
It came out in 2018, and we positively reviewed the vehicle for its sporty design in addition to its decent range and charging capacity at the time, but that was a few years ago.
The vehicle has barely been updated over the last four years, and it is now showing its age. But now, there might an even bigger issue with the electric SUV.
That’s when he changed gears and talked about the 2020 fire where Mr. Salazar’s car was destroyed. Mr. Salazar emailed electrek and told them what happened, and he also included personal photos of the car and a video that his neighbor had shot of the fire.
Here’s what Mr. Salazar said about the fire:
On June 16, I plugged the car in before going to bed. In the morning of June 17, I woke up and unplugged the car. Later that morning, I set out to run some errands. I drove about 12 miles that morning before returning back home and parking the car back in the garage, leaving the garage door open. As I was doing things at home, I heard pops coming from the garage. I decided to go see where the sounds were coming from, and upon walking into the garage, I faced a thick wall of smoke. My thought immediately was, ‘When there is smoke there is fire,’ and I need to get the car out of the house garage.
I went back to the house to get my phone and also noticed that all the smoke in the garage now had filled my entire house because the A/C unit is right next to the garage door. While I was trying to ventilate my house from the smoke I called Jaguar roadside assistance to have them come get the car. When I ended the conversation with them there were more pops, but this time it was followed by fire from under the car. I then called 911 to come help with the situation. But this was not a slow burn, once the fire started there were multiple pops, and the car was just engulfed in flames rapidly.
There were debris flying everywhere so I kept my distance. After the fire department poured a special foam fire suppressant for what seemed a long time, the car was still making a humming sound coming from the front of the car.
Here is the video of the fire:
Florida man’s electric Jaguar spontaneously erupts into a blazing inferno pic.twitter.com/AUmFmx7nDf
— Missy (@minnermoos) August 4, 2022
Fred reminded his readers that fires like this are not common, and they’re certainly not limited to electric cars, but he did say that these types of issues have caused problems for electric car companies, like Bolt, and now possibly Jaguar. He thinks there might even be a recall.
I would encourage you to read the entire piece that Fred wrote. These guys seem to know their stuff about electric cars and batteries. You can find the article here.
One of the most dependable websites for original reporting, investigative reporting, and breaking news in the conservative media is now WayneDupree.com. It is the only group combating communist bias in the media and entertainment, and it is its hard news division.
Because the success of our objective is so important to the economy and because leftist media’s COVID falsehoods probably cost lives, we need your help. Donate to WayneDupree.com today so that we can keep covering stories that the leftist media won’t touch. Your decision to donate $5 per month, $50 per year, or $100 per year will enable us to continue the difficult work of making sure a free and fair media survives in our nation.
SIGN UP HERE and join us!
Follow Wayne on Rumble!